tel (412) 316-8699 fax (412) 232-3498
Tara M. Sease concentrates her practice in several areas with a primary focus on family law and secondary focuses on general civil litigation and corporate law. Ms. Sease is experienced in handling family law cases throughout Western Pennsylvania, which includes providing representation in divorce, property distribution, support, custody, and protection from abuse matters, along with other related claims.
Prior to joining Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C., Ms. Sease began her career at a general practice firm where she worked for over four (4) years. The diversity of a general practice background helped to expand her knowledge in different practice areas and created a strong foundation for her focus on family law, which traditionally requires clients and their attorneys to address a wide variety of issues that may arise.
Ms. Sease graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2010, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in English Writing and a minor in Spanish. During her time as an undergraduate, Ms. Sease’s interest in writing grew, and she developed the written communication skills that are central to a successful legal career. Ms. Sease also had the unique opportunity to diversify her cultural background while living abroad in Seville, Spain. Her passion for writing continued to flourish as she attended the Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where she served as a senior associate editor for the Law Review. At the conclusion of her academic career, Ms. Sease completed an externship as a law clerk for a judge in the Family Division of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. The externship provided her with a unique perspective that further promotes her ability to work as an effective advocate for her clients.
Today, Ms. Sease serves the legal community as a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Allegheny County Bar Association. When she is outside the office and the courtroom, she volunteers as an active committee member for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. In 2017, Ms. Sease was honored to be selected as one of Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest, which is a distinction that recognizes select individuals for their professional achievements and commitment to helping others.
- Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Juris Doctor
- Law Review, Senior Associate Editor
- President of Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- Co-Founder and Vice President of Business Law Society
- Moot Court and Mock Trial Competitor
- University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelor of Arts
- Academic and Student Leadership Scholarship Recipient
- Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society Member
- Vice President of Student Government Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Family Law Section Member
- Young Lawyers Division
- Women in Law Division
- Women In Sports and Events Member
Honors and Distinctions
- Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest 2017 Honoree
Volunteer Opportunities/Community Involvement
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 50 Finest Committee Member
- Pittsburgh Marathon Run for a Cure Relay Team Captain