tel (412) 316-8684 fax (412) 232-3498
Tom Anderson is a shareholder and has been an attorney with the firm since graduating from law school in 1997. Mr. Anderson has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, 2019 Edition, which highlights the top 5% of practicing lawyers in the U.S. Mr. Anderson has been selected as a Fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, a distinction limited to a specific number of selected trial attorneys in Allegheny County. He has also been selected numerous times as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. He has tried many jury trials involving very serious personal injury claims, catastrophic damages, and high exposure employment actions.
In 2017, Mr. Anderson obtained the largest verdict in Pennsylvania in an employment case. A jury in Centre County returned a $2,260,095 verdict in favor of the plaintiff in the wrongful discharge and invasion of privacy case of Susan Carlini v. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. The verdict included $2 Million in punitive damages.
Mr. Anderson’s practice focuses on employment law, premises liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, and commercial law. A few more examples of his success representing injured people include:
- A settlement in excess of $1 Million in a product liability case.
- A structured settlement in a premises liability case in excess of $1 Million for an adult who was severely injured.
- A structured settlement resulting in payments well in excess of $500,000 for a young adult who lost an eye in a shooting accident.
- $225,000 settlement of a case involving a physical altercation/assault.
Mr Anderson is active in Westmoreland County, where he lives, and is a member of the Westmoreland County Bar Association and The Ned J. Nakles American Inn of Court.
Mr. Anderson is a graduate of West Virginia University and Duquesne University School of Law where he was a published member of the Law Review. He is also a member of the Allegheny County, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Bar Associations.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Westmoreland County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America (2019), Medical Malpractice Defense
- Fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County.
- Listed in Who's Who: American Law Students, 1995, 1997
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Rising Star Edition, 2005 through 2010
- Served as lead trial counsel in numerous jury trials in state and federal courts across Pennsylvania
- Speeches and presentations on numerous topics including healthcare, professional liability, and employment law.
- Author: "Family Law - Adoption - Foster Parent Standing in Adoption Proceedings -- Chester County Children and Youth Services v. Cunningham," 34 Duquesne Law Review