tel (412) 316-8651 fax (412) 232-3498
Jim Rogers is a shareholder at Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C., whose focus is on healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, employment and insurance. A significant percentage of Mr. Rogers’ litigation practice includes an emphasis on lawsuits involving ERISA issues. Mr. Rogers advises managed care entities, hospitals and other healthcare providers on contract, regulatory and employment issues.
Mr. Rogers is one of the firm’s primary appellate lawyers and has been involved in numerous cases of major significance, both in Pennsylvania and elsewhere. He has achieved particular success in cases involving insurance coverage issues, antitrust claims, and product liability lawsuits.
Mr. Rogers is a licensed clinical psychologist and advises clients on legal issues associated with mental health treatment. Another of his particular areas of focus is HIPPA and medical records.
Mr. Rogers has also received the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of Business and represents employers and their insurers in employee benefit matters.
He regularly defends employers in discrimination and harassment lawsuits, along with other matters.
Mr. Rogers received his J.D. degree, cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Pennsylvania State University.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Marion K. Finkelhor, Court of Common Pleas, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, 1983-1985
- Board of Directors, Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
- Author: "The Delicate Balance of Fairness in Bankruptcy and Products Liability Law," The Journal of Law and Commerce, 1983
- Professional Psychologist, Pennsylvania, 1981