In the finest tradition of the legal profession.
Thomas B. Anderson
- Employment Law
- Discrimination Claims
- Plaintiff Personal Injury (Non-Medical Malpractice)
- Professional Liability
- Litigation and Trial Practice
Tom Anderson is a shareholder and has been an attorney with the firm since graduating from law school in 1997. Mr. Anderson has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, 2019-2021 Editions, which highlights the top 5% of practicing lawyers in the U.S. Mr. Anderson has been selected as a Fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, a distinction limited to a specific number of selected trial attorneys in Allegheny County. He has also been selected numerous times as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. He has tried many jury trials involving very serious personal injury claims, catastrophic damages, and high exposure employment actions.
In 2017, Mr. Anderson obtained the largest verdict in Pennsylvania in an employment case. A jury in Centre County returned a $2,260,095 verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a wrongful discharge and invasion of privacy case. The verdict included $2 Million in punitive damages.
Mr. Anderson's practice focuses on employment law, premises liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, and commercial law. A few more examples of his success representing injured people include:
- A settlement in excess of $1 Million in a product liability case.
- A structured settlement in a premises liability case in excess of $1 Million for an adult who was severely injured.
- A structured settlement resulting in payments well in excess of $500,000 for a young adult who lost an eye in a shooting accident.
- $225,000 settlement of a case involving a physical altercation/assault.
Mr Anderson is active in Westmoreland County, where he lives, and is a member of the Westmoreland County Bar Association and The Ned J. Nakles American Inn of Court.
Mr. Anderson is a graduate of West Virginia University and Duquesne University School of Law where he was a published member of the Law Review. He is also a member of the Allegheny County, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Bar Associations.
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1997
- West Virginia University
- B.A. - 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- West Virginia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019-2021 Editions
- Fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- Allegheny County, Member
- Westmoreland County, Member
- West Virginia Bar Associations, Member
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Member
- The Ned J. Nakles American Inn of Court, Member
Current Employment Position