A Long History Of Excellence
Glenn H. Gillette
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Asset Protection
- Elder Law
- Emergency Consultation Services
- Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Estate Planning and Administration
- In-Service Presentation and Programs
- Nursing Home, Long-Term Care, and Home Health
- Regulatory Compliance
Glenn Gillette practices in the areas of corporate law (for-profit and non-profit), business planning, contracts, zoning, commercial lending, residential and commercial real estate, estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate and guardianships, and Elder Law.
In his business practice he has represented for-profit and non-profit proprietorships, partnerships, LPs, LLCs and corporations, including multi-national corporations, hospitals, nursing homes, churches, banks, construction companies, research organizations, family businesses and individuals.
Mr. Gillette also has substantial experience in estate planning, asset protection, Elder Law matters, pre-nuptial agreements, personal and fiduciary income taxes, Federal gift and estate taxes and inheritance taxes. Additionally, his experience includes substantial work in estate and trust administration ranging from those which are extraordinarily complex and sophisticated to those which are small and routine. Mr. Gillette has lectured on estate planning issues including Charitable Remainder Trusts, Advanced Directives (Living Wills) and the Power of Attorney for Health Care.
Mr. Gillette has represented borrowers and lenders in residential and commercial real estate transactions, as well as other commercial lending transactions, ranging in size from the purchase of small, family-owned businesses to multi-million dollar loans for the purchase of land and construction and financing of residential and commercial developments.
Mr. Gillette is a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University (B.S.E.E.), the University of Pittsburgh (M.B.A.) and the Duquesne University School of Law (J.D.) where he was selected for membership on its Law Review. Prior to joining Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C., Mr. Gillette spent 16 years in engineering and management with large industrial companies.
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1984
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration - 1977
- Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.S.E.E., Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering - 1971
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. Federal Court, 1984
- Individuals for Probate and Wills
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member, 1987 to Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1987 to Present