A Long History Of Excellence
Rhonda A. Rudman
- Health & Health Care Law
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation
Rhonda Rudman is Special Counsel with Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C.'s workers' compensation department. She is a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Ms. Rudman joined TR&C in 2017. Prior to that, she was a Senior Partner at a Pittsburgh law firm representing employers and insurance carriers in all aspects of Pennsylvania workers' compensation. This included managing various firm accounts and educating clients on the nuances and changes in the workers' compensation law. Ms. Rudman is a current member and also served as the past chair of the Allegheny County Bar Association's Workers' Compensation Section.
Ms. Rudman has 29 years of experience as a workers' compensation attorney. She is often called to litigate more challenging cases involving fatal claim petitions, course of employment litigation, retirement litigation and employer offsets. She has experience in submitting Medicare set-aside proposals and has litigated Federal Black Lung claims. She is a frequent speaker for both industry groups and other attorneys, speaking throughout Pennsylvania as well as in Omaha, Nebraska; Des Moines, Iowa; and West Virginia. Most recently, Ms. Rudman spoke on "Advanced Topics in Workers' Compensation" for NBI, Inc., on February 11, 2020, in Pittsburgh, PA.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1991
- Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1987
- Major: History
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991