tel (412) 316-8686 fax (412) 232-3498
Harry Rosensteel is one of the firm's shareholders and co-chair of the firm's workers' compensation department. He attended Villanova University, majoring in Political Science and graduating summa cum laude in 1982. He then attended Duquesne University Law School, graduating in 1985. Mr. Rosensteel is a member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations and the Workers' Compensation Section of both of those organizations. He is also active as an arbitrator for the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Mr. Rosensteel has a diverse background in civil litigation but has now concentrated his entire practice in the defense of workers’ compensation claims. His emphasis in representing clients is to educate them so as to avoid costly litigation. Toward that end, he conducts frequent on-site training sessions for his clients, advises clients on health and safety issues, and authors and edits a periodic publication that summarizes and analyzes recent legislative, judicial and industry developments. The name of the publication is TR&C Workers' Compensation Bulletin. When litigation becomes necessary, Mr. Rosensteel is aggressive, cost effective, and professional, with cutting edge approaches to workers' compensation claims making the best use possible of the most recent cases.
Mr. Rosensteel has spoken for Lorman Educational Services, Inc. and individual clients. He has provided seminars to hundreds of employers in Central and Western Pennsylvania, as well as to the Pittsburgh Claims Association, the Western Pennsylvania Safety Council, Slippery Rock University, the Allegheny County Medical Association, insurance carriers, and various local hospitals and long-term care providers. Mr. Rosensteel prides himself on TR&C's "hands-on" approach that encourages client participation in the litigation process. TR&C also concentrates on efficient and cost-effective representation. TR&C concentrates on educating their clients to avoid litigation and improve the chance of success in the event litigation occurs.
Mr. Rosensteel is active in his community. He is a former coach, board member, and Vice President of the Kiski Area Soccer League. He is an active member of the St. Margaret Mary Roman Catholic Church in Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania. He is also currently a solicitor for the Borough of Hyde Park, Pennsylvania.
- Successfully obtained a credit for the Pittsburgh Steelers in a precedent-setting case involving the interplay of professional sports contracts and the Workers' Compensation Act.
- One of the first defense attorneys to successfully try and obtain a modification of benefits under the amended earning power evaluation provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Successfully defended a large nursing home chain against claims arising out of alleged unfair labor practices.
- Member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Speaker at numerous seminars, author of several reference manuals, and has conducted multiple in-house training programs on workers' compensation law.
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Law Section
- Editor, Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C., Workers' Compensation Bulletin.