At Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C., we offer litigation and counseling services to corporations and insurance companies faced with environmental and environmental-related claims.
The firm has been involved in a wide variety of public and private matters in this area, including:
- Counseling and litigation involving the basic statutes and programs
- Issues concerning the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) issues
- Early settlements and negotiations regarding consent decrees
- Cost recovery litigation
- Municipal liability issues
- Natural resource damages issues and litigation
- Insurance coverage litigation involving, among others, potentially responsible parties (PRPs)
- Environmental audits and compliance permitting
Our commitment to our clients is to combine technical understanding with first-rate legal representation. We strive to integrate legal thinking with bottom line-oriented business strategies and thereby help our clients navigate the sea of complex environmental laws and regulations.