A Tradition of Excellence/
Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C. was formed in 1983 from the then 10th largest firm in Pittsburgh, Thomson, Rhodes & Grigsby, P.C. TR&C is proud of its distinguished history and an ancestry that can be traced back through Western Pennsylvania’s legal community to 1838.
Since founding the present firm, our attorneys have built upon this heritage, while at the same time meeting the rapidly changing legal needs of corporate America and individuals in the new millennium.
*Moses Hampton, admitted to the Bar of Allegheny County on June 20, 1838, joined with his son, John Henry, admitted on December 23, 1850, to form what was perhaps the first law partnership in Pittsburgh — Hampton & Son.