Thomson, Rhodes & Cowie, P.C. (“TRC;” “we;” “our;” “us”) is committed to protecting your personal data and privacy. This Notice, together with our disclaimer and other relevant terms of business and/or other contract between us (if applicable), provides information about your personal data. Reference in this Notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, an individual or entity, either on its own or together with other information. Reference to “website” means this website and any related sites and/or social medium platforms which TRC controls and/or has copyrighted.
- HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA. As part of our professional activities, your personal data may be collected in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following: when you request a proposal from us in relation to our services; as part of our business intake procedures; through our provision of legal services; when you apply to us for a position; when you or your organization offer to provide services to us; when you browse or interact with our website or in relation to your attendance at our seminars.
- THE TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WE ACQUIRE. We may acquire different categories of your personal data, including but not limited to the following: personal details, such as name, address, telephone number, and fax; professional information such as company, title/function, department, website, previous jobs, professional experience, and qualifications; identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our business acceptance process, subject to applicable laws or regulations; financial information; details of your visits to our website; information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information and information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients, your employer, or other relevant organizations, or generated by us in the course of providing our services.
- HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA. The ways we may use your data include but are not limited to the following: to enter into a contract with you; to provide you or a client with our services; to communicate with you or our clients; to consider your application for a position; to manage our business relationship with you; to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and responsibilities; and where we have other legitimate reasons for doing so (to the extent permitted by applicable law).
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS. When we collect contact information from you (e.g. when you provide us with your business card), we may add your information to our contacts database and/or mailing list. Naturally, you have the right to ask us not to use your personal information in this or similar ways by writing or calling us.
- ANALYTIC TOOLS. We use “analytic tools” to help improve our website and improve our services to you. This website uses tools such as Google Analytics for, among other reasons, to monitor our website usage levels. If you wish not to be subject to such common analytics, there are ways you can avoid them, such as, for example, Google provides a Google Analytics opt-out ad-on for web browsers which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about website visits. For more information about this or other options, please feel free to contact us.
- DATA RETENTION. Generally, we retain your personal data as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which is was collected; or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable). Also, we may retain your personal data as part of our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA. TRC has in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, third-party service providers and other third parties who have a business need to know.
- DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES. We may share your personal data with third parties, where we are required to do so by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. If and when we share or transfer your personal data with third parties, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to insure its integrity and protection.
- THE INTERNET. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and we accordingly cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to or from our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites which are outside of our control and not covered by this privacy notice. We do not accept any reasonability or liability for other sites’ privacy notices or policies. If you access other sites using the links provided, please check their policies before submitting any personal data.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time, and amendments will be effective upon posting.
If you have any requests or questions concerning your personal data or our practices, please call us or write to us.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on November 1, 2021.